Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicks, chicks and more chicks

The silkies are out in the coop on the farm... all 10 of them.

We candled our eggs in the incubator last night. At least 11 look like they are growing. They should be hatching in about 10 days.

Today we will receive 15 week-old chicks in the mail.

Raising 10 chicks in the garage was a lot to handle. Feed, water, play, dust, poop, poop, poop. Looks like I might have 25+ out there for the next few months. Not sure where I'll put them all! I might have too many chicks. :)

Headed out to the farm to check on our babies, feed the goats, feed the donkeys, give Cookie the Donkey his medicine and do our chores. I told Cole yesterday that we are starting to look and feel like real farmers. Right then, one of the donkeys started braying extremely loudly and we just looked at each other and laughed. Starting to?? I think we're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails