Friday, October 15, 2010

More eggs in the bator!!

The incubator is back up and running! I just set 11 beautiful dark brown eggs in it: Splash and Black Copper Marans. Unfortunately several broke during shipping but that's the harsh price of having eggs shipped. Hopefully the remaining eggs are not damaged. We'll know more at the first candling in about 7 days. Fingers crossed! I would really really love a Splash Maran! I have an 11-wk old Splash Ameraucana that I'm praying is a girl. So far, I'm on the fence. Hard to tell with those Ameraucanas.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the chicks. Hope you post some photos. I have to say that it is hard to tell the boy/girl difference with most any chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog ! another follower to add to the list! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the sweet potato/Christopher Columbus/history lesson connection on my email to you. sabg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails