Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm so excited!

Huckleberry Farm is now a certified Wholesale Egg Distributor in South Carolina! Woo hoo!!! I have the license and everything. And I may have my first retail client. I just ordered the labels for our cartons and I'm in love with them!


In honor of this very exciting and thrilling event, I decided to celebrate by getting more chickens! I have 30 more little Easter Eggers coming. They should be feathered out by the time it gets really cold and be ready to start laying in the Spring. Right when the frenzy hits for Huckleberry Farm eggs..... okay.... I may be getting a little carried away.

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE CHICKENS!!!!!!!?????

5 comments:

  1. Wooooohoooooo!!!!! How exciting. I would love to be doing this. Best of luck to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Farmchick! I'm really happy. Selling eggs isn't terribly profitable after buying food, cartons and labels but I don't care. It will pay for my chicken obsession and I do love those little girls! And I can kind of justify getting more. I realized today I only have 85 chickens and 15 are roosters so obviously I need more girls, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne, where did you get those adorable labels? I want some :) So happy for you--you are a pro girl!
    Amy ~:>-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I designed and ordered them at vistaprint.com. Super easy! Hope they look as good in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some. I need to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails