Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

Happy New Year! Doesn't 2011 sound like something from a crazy, futuristic movie? Hard to believe it's the year we're now in.... but it is and I plan to enjoy it!

I've had a wonderful two week break from my computer. My children were home from school. My husband was home from traveling. We spent two unhurried, unplanned, unscheduled weeks just enjoying being together. Christmas was wonderful and New Year's uneventful. So perfect!

We did end up getting some snow on Christmas Day. By some, I mean an inch and by Christmas Day, I mean 11pm at night. But snow is snow in the South and it was exciting nonetheless!

We started the new year with a lot of rain. Today, the second day of the new year, is sunny and 70 degrees! Woo hoo! Feels fantastic out even though I know it won't last.

I just put six Araucauna eggs in lockdown in my incubator. Thought I'd try a new breed. Can't wait to see how they look as chicks!

Tonight we are back to reality. My husband just left for the week on a business trip. The kids have school in the morning. The animals need to be fed and I don't have my husband to sweet talk into it. Who am I kidding? It's wonderful!

Hope you all had an amazing holiday season and are ready for a great 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good one. Happy New Year Susanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great holiday break. It is back to the grind tomorrow for us as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails