Thursday, July 1, 2010

The incubator is completely overflowing!


I now have 33 beautiful eggs in the incubator. Aren't they lovely? This time I'm not even in a hurry to get the chicks. The eggs are just so pretty. I cannot wait until all my hens start laying! I'll have this and more when my Easter Eggers lay their beautiful multi-colored eggs. And, yes, I am this excited about chickens and eggs! I'm a Chicken Girl!!!

This morning I was in the Ameraucana and Marans coop and I heard the Egg Song. Surely that means that eggs are near! All the hens were just singing away. After doing a little research on the Egg Song, I've come to appreciate the intricacies once more of God's Master Plan. Who knew hens sing before and after they lay? Not me! Are they singing because it hurts or because they're proud? Or a little of both? Even my roosters were singing along today. Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails