Saturday, May 29, 2010

Finally.... we have Eggs!


For weeks my husband has been asking me, "When we will get some eggs?" Good question. I kept telling him, "Soon, I hope!" Today I was working in one of the chicken coops, bent down to spread some pine shavings, and about fell over when I saw two little eggs in the nest boxes. Yea!!! We have eggs!!!

They are kind of little so I'm thinking one of the Silkie hens laid them. I haven't been in the coop for a few days and it's been hot outside, so we probably won't eat these. But you can bet I'm going to be searching every day from now on! I cannot wait to eat our first farm fresh egg from my very own chicken.

We also have some new babies.... three little baby geese. And after the babies were born, it seems like geese have been flocking to our ponds from everywhere. Instead of the two we usually have, now we have about 30 swimming around. I would rather just have the original two and the little babies. Geese are kind of messy. And I have enough poop to deal with from all the other animals I chose to have.



Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new eggs.

    They should be perfectly fine to eat. Our eggs are only put in the fridge if more then a week old. They just sit on the table in the this unairconditioned house. Never had a bad one yet.

    If you are worried, then crack them one at a time into a small bowl. Be a shame not to enjoy those first eggs.

    ~~Matt~~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails