Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday presents

My birthday dawned beautifully at the farm. My babies woke me up with morning presents, a birthday tradition in our family. Just little things wrapped in newspaper. The birthday boy/girl must remain in bed and pretend to be asleep until the family arrives with the presents. This year I got beef jerky, Reese's Cups, Pringles and a National Enquirer. Woo hoo! And a hot cup of coffee. The day was off to a great start!


The night before my big day we had closed on our new house. So off we went... the kids to school and me to start the long process of unpacking, cleaning and organizing. But first we had to stop and say Hey! to our new sheep.




The first batch arrived safe and sound and settled in nicely. The rams are awesome!






We don't know how old they are but a few look very old and wise. Check out the horns on this guy! I love him!

We are living in our new house with occasional overnights at the farm. Once we get good and settled, we will spend more nights out there. I miss it so much! I get to see it every day but enjoying the view and cleaning chicken coops are not the same!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I like the picture of the sunrise, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails